There are various types of fasting diets ranging from water fasting, fruit fast or complete fast. A juice fast is simply a kind of a detox diet, which involves temporary intake of raw vegetables or fruit juices or only water.
The ingredients mostly consist of juice, since it is an ideal source of antioxidants and vitamins. A juice diet is an acute form of detoxification, since you do not have to consume solid food during your detox diet for health.
Generally, people do this type of fasting to lose weight or detoxify poisonous toxic substances from the body.
It includes intake of only juice diets that consist of raw vegetable juices. You can also follow up this type of fasting to keep diarrhea or looseness of bowels at a bay. It might prevent that you have to go to visit the colon therapist for a colon cleanse.
Juice Fast Benefits:
Apart from promoting the emission of toxic substances and lessening congestive symptoms, this type of fasting for health also offers several other benefits such as:
1. Reduces most food sensitivities and allergies
2. Eliminates the burden felt on the digestive system
3. Releases drugs, pesticides and poisonous chemicals from digestive system, and then cleanses it completely.
4. Boosts physical, mental and spiritual health
5. Has less withdrawal symptoms
6. Increased energy level
7. Glowing skin
8. Averts chronic disorders caused by poor diet and lifestyle
9. Clears mucus discharge
Things to Consider doing any kind of body detox fasting:
1. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, sugar, fish, eggs and refined foods fully.
2. Consume fruits and veggies such as tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, squash, beet, celery, sprouts, melons, apples, pineapple, cranberry, green vegetables, since they have high nutritional level. You can even have mixed vegetable juices and drink them all through the day.
3. Avoid completely juices of some fruits and vegetables such as yam, potato, citrus fruits, cherries, apricots, peaches, bananas and others with hard seeds and skin.
4. Drink 50 to 70 oz. of water in a day.
5. Choose between a recipe of fresh fruits and veggies. Never drink tinned or canned fruits or vegetable juices.
6. Avoid doing this type of fasting for a longer period, since it leads to nutritional deficiencies. It is advisable only for maximum of 14 days.
7. You need to avoid grapefruit and pomegranate juices, since they have some components that may interact with certain drug components in your body.
8. You can break your juice fast slowly by consuming semi-solid foods in the first or two days, and then continuing with solid foods.
Not Recommendable For:
1. Fasting is completely not advisable for pregnant or nursing women or kids.
2. For people with low blood pressure, diabetes, eating disorders, kidney disorders, anemia, liver disease, addictions, underweight, impaired immune functions, infections, nutritional deficiency, ulcer, cancer, epilepsy, terminal illnesses or other chronic disorder. They may only follow this fasting under firm medical supervision.
3. People never try to do a juice fast after or before their surgical operations.
4. A juice fast may reduce protein levels in the body and alter the way of prescription drug reaction. Hence, individuals taking prescription drugs have to consult their doctors before doing any detox diet. More significantly, never reduce or stop medications without consulting a medical practitioner.
5. While cleansing your body and afterwards, try to replace sugar by the stevia herb, it is the east Asian form of sugar, this way you prevent new candida or fungus problems.
6. Brown basmatic rice, should be part of your new menue plan.
Jack Lalanne Juicer
While juice fasting, to obtain juice, avoid using ordinary juicers instead use Jack Lalanne juicer. The reason for using Jack Lalanne Juicer is that, it provides pure juice excluding the seeds and pulp of the fruits.
A Word of Caution:
If you find constant side effects such as headaches, constipation, acne, hypoglycemia, increased body stench, bad breath, fainting problems, low blood pressure, dizziness, heart arrhythmias, weight loss, vomiting, hunger and diarrhea, immediately contact a doctor.